Technology: Middle Division
In Middle Division, students participate in a bring-your-own Chromebook program. Students expand technology skills and take increased ownership of their learning. They develop a “digital toolkit” to be utilized in a variety of contexts.
Swift students learn proficient use of digital resources including:
- Creativity and productivity tools
- Assistive technology
- Applications to support executive skills
- Science/Technology/Engineering/Arts/Math (STEAM) tools
Chromebooks are ideally suited for the use of Google Apps for Education, a suite of programs designed for productivity and collaboration. Parents, students, and teachers alike make a compelling argument for the use of a uniform device to facilitate content delivery and assignment management.
Student-owned devices are optimal for:
- Providing seamless access to schoolwork between school and home environments
- Promoting independence and accountability
- Increasing awareness of individual learning needs and preferences
- Preparing for life beyond Swift