Thank you for your interest in employment with the Swift School. We invite you to share in the satisfaction of belonging to a community of teachers who are dedicated to preparing children with Dyslexia and other language-based learning differences to be successful in life.
Swift School teachers are leaders in their classrooms and communities. It is our top priority to recruit exceptional employees who are committed to educational excellence.
Whether you are just beginning your career in education or you are an experienced educator, Swift would like to hear from you.
If you would like to inquire about employment, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include information about the type of employment opportunity you seek and attach a copy of your current resumé. As information is received it will be reviewed and filed for future reference. When an employment opportunity is available, qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of the Swift School administration to begin their candidacy process.
Position Title: Lower Division Associate Teacher
Supervisor: Division Director
Position Status: Full Time/10 Month/Exempt
Swift School is an independent school serving grades 1-8 located in Roswell, GA 20 minutes north of Atlanta. Serving a population of approximately 240 students, Swift’s mission is to prepare students with dyslexia and related language-based learning differences to be successful in life. Our core values include community, excellence, individuality, nurture, and potential. Our teachers are passionate about teaching children with learning differences. We recognize that each child is unique, and our teaching approach, time frame,and expected outcomes reflect the student’s individuality. Given that students have a variety of needs, our teachers and administrators often interact with external support professionals to ensure the best overall academic plan for each student. A Lower Division Associate Teacher is responsible for organizing and implementing the instructional program assigned that results in students achieving academic success in accordance with Swift School policies.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher required with preference given to degrees in education-related fields
- Teacher certification preferred but not required
- Supports instructional activities planned and designed by the Lead Teacher that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaning and appropriate learning experiences
- Identifies and adapts curriculum to meet the needs of students as directed by the Lead Teacher
- Responsible for the classroom when Lead Teacher is unavailable.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures according to school policy
- Creates and fosters relationships, both orally and in writing, with all constituents of the school on a regular basis and as required by school policy
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment and seeks the support of the human resources available within the school
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with all constituents of the school
- Participates in professional development opportunities offered by the school
- Sets goals that are aligned with Swift’s mission and values
- Consistently meets professional obligations such as: meeting various deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating efforts and timely attending required meeting
- Serves the mission of the Swift School as an ambassador and participates in community-building
- Perform other duties as assigned by division director and the associate head of school for student affairs
Working at Swift
Swift School accepts applications year round for all teacher, instructional aide and substitute teacher positions. While Swift School teachers have significant training and experience in teaching children with language learning differences, we consider all applicants for placement.Salaries are adjusted commensurate with experience. Swift School offers a complete benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance and a 403(b) plan.
Continuing education and training for our teachers is a priority. Swift School offers all employees multiple professional development opportunities to expand their knowledge as educators and enhance their role as ambassadors.
It is the policy of the Swift School not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability
in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity or service.